Does medicaid reimburse?

I live in sc. (if it matters)

i currently do not have medicaid. But i had to go the hospital the other day. The copay bc i do not have insurance was 250.00. I had signed up for medicaid the next day. They told me it will pay back bills up to 3 months. I forgot to ask if i will get my copay back. It says with medicaid the copay for a hospital visit is 3.00.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2013 in Health

• Not in my state they don't.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• many times yes, you have to fill out paperwork.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Yes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• Not typically. When I was on Medicaid, I never had a copay reimbursed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• I do not know. It may depend on circumstances
    A friend was on Medicaid because her job folded out from under her. She is pregnant and was at the time. She had to still work through the process of getting her on Medicaid until she found another job. They reimbursed her back to when she applied but not before. .
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• She states she doesn't have insurance which means it was so much a copay and an upfront payment to get in the door so to speak. Then they could collect on the rest later.

Because of that then many times(but it can probably vary by state) medicaid will reimburse you for the payment. You need to call your case worker and ask her for the required paperwork and you will need to obtain proof of the payment/bill.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2013

• What might happen is that when Medicaid actually pays, there could be a credit on your acct at the hospital and therefore the hospital will send you a refund check in the amount you overpaid. Idk if that will be the case, but that's possibly what could happen.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• ok thanks you all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• not all states do it depends. IN MN they do depending on the services.
    good luck
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2013