My little she-devil....

OMG...I swear by all its holy, something came in today and kidnapped dd and left me with this little she devil. Like said in my earlier posting, she never picked the stuffed pets of her's. So I said fine, and we stayed home. You think that was enough? Then I catch her peeling off some paint on her wall. I gave her a timeout, sat her in her chair. Did the same thing she was doing earlier. Told her she cannot watch TV or cartoons, or any treats. Another temper tantrum. Took her lovie away. Which broke my heart when she started crying and tell me she wants her "wee-wee". She still has not done what I told her. I started crying when dh got home because I was at my limit, no more its his turn.

I am at a loss at what I can do to her, and get my point across. Will a 4 yr old remember what happened a few hours or days why she had her toys taking away? How long is the memory of a 4 yr old? I do not know what to do. I have taken her toys away, We stayed home today because she refuses to listen to me at all. Even when its to hr benefit. Constantly fighting me on just about everything. Ask her to get dressed so we can go bye-bye. Nope.. Put on her shoes, whatever. How to I handle this?? Short of putting her into reform school..:)

HELP, I am losing my ever loving fucking MIND!!!

going crazy                            toddler tantrum

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let's blame the super moon, and hope tomorrow is a better day!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• HARD age! Chalk a lot of it up to that. Is there a chance that you could be too strict? Like expecting too much from her, she cannot live up to those standards and then you are both frustrated all the time? Also, the more quality time you spend with her, like reading books, playing barbies, whatever, the less time she is doing anything you don't want her to or fighting with you and you also get to bond a lot. I have a kid like her, and whenever he acts up I know I haven't spent enough time lately. HUGS~
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• P.S. I hate board games, playing Barbie, even reading b/c I am so ADD I get bored out of my mind, but try to remind myself that this is temporary. I have 2 teenagers now and everybody knows teens don't really want to hang out with you all the time, lol.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• It's the age...my daughter is a she-devil at least 3 times an month and oh boy can she be hateful and straight up psycho. She seriously loses her damn mind on a regular basis. She SCREAMS and throws shit. This too shall pass...

On a more helpful note, I've noticed that if she's acting out I can tell her that she will lose a privilege and normally she'll calm down...BUT sometimes I have to take things away because she doesn't listen the first time around and as heart wrenching as it is...I stick to what I say and it doesn't happen again for a while. I also do a chart with her...it's a behavior chart. She starts off on a "Green Light" and that means she's good....then if she gets in trouble she goes to "Yellow" and that's a warning and she can earn her green light back if she's good the rest of the day but if she pushes me too far she will be on "Red" and this means that she will get a stern talking to and lose her favorite toy
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• As to the question of her memory, she'll remember at four years old for at least a few days. If I take something away from my daughter, I ask her why she's losing the toy or privilege. Then when she brings it up, I ask her to tell me again why she lost it. She recalls, and I also ask her what the rules are. Like when we go to the pool, I'll ask what happens if she doesn't get out at home time, and she says we won't get to come back the next time she wants to. The reminders do reallyhelp.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2013