My poor little girl is getting covered with mosquito bites! I've tried bug sprays already and it's just not cutting it...any advice?

My daughter will be 4 in September and every summer the poor thing just gets completely eaten up by mosquitoes.

She goes to daycare and when it rains they get some flooding in her age group's playground and the mosquitoes come out with a vengeance and eat her up. I can't take the poor thing out to play in the evening or she ends up covered within half an hour.

She's complaining about the bites a lot lately and I just don't know what to do. I want her to enjoy her outdoor play without these pesky bites but I've tried several bug sprays and they just aren't working.

Any ideas?

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 8:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think Benadryl makes a cream that is good for this....

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I'm treating the bites with after bite and it's fine.

I want an method to PREVENT them from happening in the first place.
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Ask the pharmacist and the doctor. Other than that, considering that where she plays is thick with mosquitoes, maybe long sleeves and long pants? But this would still leave her hands and face uncovered.

Answer by Bmat at 8:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• It's also HOT here.

It's about 96 degrees typically..
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• You might need to make her wear thin, but long sleeves and pants or tights out side. That helps with th bugs. Masqitoes like to come out mostly at duck and dawn.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• We have tons of mosquitoes here, and I have tried everything I could find to try to prevent the bites. Frankly, I've never found anything that works. The only thing that works for us is to simply treat the bites, and avoid being outside when it's getting dark, as they do get worse then (although they're bad 24/7 here).
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• We used to live in an area with lots of mosquitos and no see und. I used an Avon product called Skin So Soft. I'd put it on them plus a few drops in their wading pool. It worked better than anything
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Call the Health Department. That is a health violation at a Day Care. They need to remedy the problem by eradicating the mosquito pool. If you can't find the phone # then call your local Town Hall & ask for Building & Planning Dept. Then explain the situation to them. They'll send an Inspector to the Day Care to check for violations & take care of this issue. This is very serious due to the West Nile virus. Call tomorrow.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I work for the daycare...but I'll talk to the owner tomorrow.
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2013