Daughter calling her bf honey?

My 15 year old has been dating a boy for 6 months and lately they've been calling each other honey. It really never bothered me but my mil heard them say that and said it was inappropriate. Do you think it's such a big deal?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Forget the honey part. I have a problem with a 15 year old dating/having a boyfriend. Maybe that is just me.

Answer by louise2 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I don't see the problem..harmless...

Answer by older at 9:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• My 16 year old calls her boyfriend honey or sweetheart. I really don't see an issue with it.

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I honestly think there is no harm in it. They are 15 and experimenting with relationships, which is perfectly normal.

Not to completely derail but at 15 kids NEED to be experimenting with relationships! Under supervision of course but they need to start feeling out what it is like to consider another persons feeling and how to work together as a couple. they need to start learning how to deal with the pressures and pleasures of having a close relationship beyond friendship. I am by no mean condoning teen sex... but seriously this is when they learn what it is to be a good partner and how to recognize a good partner. This is when they learn how to treat their partner and how they want to be treated. Those silly pet names, 3 hour phone conversations and weekly chaperoned group dates are an important part of growing up and becoming an adult...something a 15 year old is a mere 3 years away from.

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• It's cute. I don't have any big issues with it. Then again I am a bad mom ;P so what do I know. I agree with But_Mommie. They NEED to experiment with relationships.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Put her on birth control.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I'd say it's pretty innocent enough. But like some others have said, keep a close eye on them to prevent any hanky-panky. To teens, 6 months is like practically being married, so you don't want them to start acting like they are. GL

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I don't have a problem with it.

Answer by kmath at 10:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I wouldn't say inappropriate, but I'd probably have to stifle my laugh everytime I heard her say it.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• But_Mommie for the WIN!

That is seriously the best answer...

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2013