Can anyone tell me why....?

my cats vomit all the time especially after they eat? We have an appointment with the vet but it isn't till July so I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and what have you done about it. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Pets

• I have three of them and have had many of them throughout my life, and they do this because of the cat hair that accumulates from their grooming. Mine do this occasionally but it is normal unless the vomiting is constant...

Answer by older at 10:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• 20 yrs is very old for a cat, you should get her checked out by a vet it could be many issues beyond just the run of the mill hair ball or over eating.

Especially since she does it every time she eats.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• My mom puts some kind of fur-ball stuff in her cat's food to help w/ that. It comes in a tube. You can get it at any pet supply store. Hope that's all it is. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• She could be eating too much at one time. My cat Kiwi will scarf her food and then go barf it all right back out. We give her half the amount twice as often and she does fine. Also what kind of food are you feeding her? Kiwi only barfs out soft food.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I had to switch my cats to a smaller kibble because they kept vomiting all the time especially when they got older. And I agree with a hairball preventive.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• There are kibbles formulated to help with hairball control as well. Also, be sure the cat has fresh water changed very often, since many cats don't drink enough and end up dehydrated, especially as they get older.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• oh yeah I remember reading that now lol. My point was that it could be something more then the hairball issue or a food senstivitiy. hopefully not, hopesfully the cat has a clean bill of health and just needs some hairball stuff..could be that as she is aging she is shedding more so taking in more hair when grooming. Might want to try and keep her brushed well to help to lessen it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Sometimes, it happens because of hairballs, they eat to fast or a food allergy. However, if your cat is 20 years old that makes me think it Is something more serious. She could be vomiting because she is nauseous. I would get blood work done to have her kidneys and what not checked.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• the oldest one(she is 20 this year)vomits every time after she eats and it usually ends up on our bed or on the floor in our bedroom
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

• tntmom we have an appointment in July with the vet
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2013