Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My son is out of control

I have a son who has no respect for anyone. He is 14 y.o. and is already drinking and smoking everyday. He uses drugs like weed, xanx and cocaine. He has been expelled from 7 different schools and is currently not attending any at all. I have been contacted by the police 5 times because he has gotten into fights. He is also already having sex with different girls. His dad is in prison for life for 2 murders, so I'm a single mom. I'm scared my son will only get worse... Any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by juliaterirea at 10:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Let the cops get him.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • He needs a "Scared Straight" type of program or some kind of boot camp for kids on the wrong path. Call tomorrow. Things will only get worse if you don't get him back on track. He'll end up in a cell next to daddy. :/

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • I agree with mrsmom, he also needs rehab....

    Answer by older at 11:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • I also commented in your other post... Counseling will help rehab will help also I he's breaking the law by drinking and doing hard drug let him go to Juvy!!!! Maybe even contact his father ( yes I know you said he murdered 2 women) but maybe he could scare your son straight!? That also may b a bad idea too!?? But your son obvsly needs some kind of serious intervention am soon before thing get worse!!!!

    Answer by rachel216 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • Rehab and counseling.

    Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • Really? Take him to the morgue and show him his future.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • Where have you not been to allow for him to get this out of control?

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • Honesty, I think the problems with your son have gone beyond what you can handle by yourself. Getting him sent to juvie might be the best ting you can do for him at this point, or having him put in a boys' ranch or a wilderness program or something where he has strong male role models to help straighten him out. I think some kind of residential program may be best, since if he stays with you, he's still exposed to the influences that started him down the bad road.

    Answer by Ballad at 3:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • I had a child who was out of control. I understand where you are coming from. It was hard to get him help because there was nowhere to turn and until he got busted no one would help so let me ask you a couple of questions? Is he on paper yet? because if he is not or has not been caught? The reason I say this is because you should sign him up for a mentor program. All the programs being suggested are expensive and even look up therapy before he gets on paper if you want to talk message me.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.