Calling all hair dressers please!!

Had a slight hair nightmare.
Long story short (kinda short anyway) my hair is naturally brown, but up until a month ago it had loads of blonde highlights in, but I got bored of that, and my hair was ruined so I dyed it dark blonde twice bringing it back to a brownish colour.
My partner thought a deep violet colour would be a nice change so I bought two bottles of dye as I have long hair. After rinsing it off it was very patchy so I bought a third bottle and applied it again, we're now a week later and its only my roots that are coloured and the lengths of my hair have pretty much faded back to brown.
I've bought another dye, a dark brown hoping to cover all the mistakes, but I'm worried that it wont cover the purple. Plus I'm trying to hold off dying it again to let my hair 'rest'!
Any suggestions please? My hair has been hidden and tied up in a bun since all this mess happened!

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• If you get permanent color it wil cover the purple.

temporary colors (like purple/ blue/ green...) -really need to go on blonde/ bleached hair for them to look right and last any amount of time

color it back and then LEAVE it alone for awhile!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Ok we'll where are you buying the color from?? My best suggestion is for you to go to a salon or school close to you and have them do a color balance and then choose a color your happy with! Let them no everything you've done to your hair and where and what the dye your useing!! That will make a huge difference in what they do to your hair.... Without being able to see your hair in person that is my best advise I can give! Good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Hi, I am a barber cosmetology student,
    First are you using a permanent dye? I would do a deep conditioning let it sit for a couple days and go in too have a consultation for your hair because it should be seen before you dye it again. If you could post a picture I could give suggestions.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Consultation is free.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• In order to fix it say you are in need of a corrective dye. This bit of advice I can give you. and any salon or school worth their salt will do the consultation for free.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• How long in between the blond highlights and this dye?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Okay, Let your hair recover and deep condition it and before you lay anymore dye get the consultation. There is a soy shampoo with argon oil use it and the conditioner. This is the time for the consultation let them check it out and give you product suggestions. I would suggest you strip the color and let it sit for a couple months get some growth to it and go from there.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• You could buy Uncolor to remove the color

Color Oops or Cheaper Color Oops

Color Remover

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Also karinting treatments will help there's another treatment you can do but I can't spell it its French .... It helps with fried and damaged hair
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I would recommend dying it a darker brown color to just let it grow out after you've removed the purple color. A wig is also an alternative that you could have fun with.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2013