How to induce labor at home?

I went to hospital thinking I was in labor because inwas getting contractions. Turns out I was having them they were just very irregular so they couldnt keep me. I am still 2 centimeters I've been 2 since thursday. And I think I'm losing my mucus plug. Any tips on how I can make my labor speed up a little I'm 38 weeks and 2 days..From what I understand if I don't have he by 40 weeks they will schedule a csection and I'm reallly trying to avoid that. I've had one before and if I can have Kason normal that would be awesome.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Unless the baby is in distress there is no reason for them to do a C-Section. The baby will come when (s)he is ready.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• You need to speak to your doc about this!! It is very dangerous to try and induce labor your self!!!!!!! Why did u have a c section the first time?? Please seek direction from your healthcare provider you can seriously hurt you and kason!!!! DO NOT Try ANYTHING at home unless instructed by a doc!!! I understand the want for a vaginal delivery but safety is more important
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I hear the desperation for relief in your post, but it is unwise to risk inducing labor at home and possibly having more complications than you can handle. Talk to the doctor to see if there is anyway they could induce it in the hospital. However, I have heard lots of stories of women who accidentally induced labor by walking a lot. I wouldn't walk outside or too far from where you could get help if it does work.

http://www.modernmom.com/article/walking-exercises-to-induce-labor

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Don't induce labor at home, just don't. Talk to your doctor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• You don't induce labor. It will start when baby is ready and other conditions are met. They cannot force you to have a C-section at 40 weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Stand on one foot and sing any Journey song. Then count backwards from 100 while doing a crossword puzzle.

Walk around. Baby comes when baby comes.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Sex... that is all.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 6:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Sex can help (the semen has components that help ready the cervix and promote contractions). Also, being active is good. However, there is no reason to try and "kick baby out" before you're at least 41 weeks 3 days. Labor occurs when the baby gives off a hormonal signal (i.e. when they're ready) and everything works out much better if you wait until that happens. Babies tend to do a better job of breathing when they come out if you've gone into labor first. There are some women who gestate longer than others and it's totally normal! Remember, you always always always have the right to refuse and/or get second opinions. You are the boss. Doctors can seem very authoritative, but you are the decision-maker. Doctors tend to be extra cautious with women who are going for a vaginal delivery after c-section, but there is no reason to automatically cut the baby out at 40 weeks, that's silly.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Thank you ladies I havent tried anything you are all right I just need to be patient. The reason why I had a csection was because I was pushing for too long and Noah was not coming out. I just walked today and just sat down and did some breathing exercises. Thanks again :) I will just be patient I just really don't want another csection but if that's what's best for me and Kason thars wht I will do.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Now I just feel silly I really do sound crazy tryimg to kick him out. He will come out when he is ready I will just have to be patient and just wait. I guess I just got excited because I didn't dialate with Noah on my own and I am with Kason so to me that's big in a way I just got way ahead of myself.
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2013