Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Im confused dr's want me to have a DNC and i say NOOO adult content

well i found i was pregnant last sunday. well monday i was cramping so i went to the E.R. and they said i was loosing the baby. and to go to the clinic wednesday so i did got another ultrasound and still no fetal pole and i was 6 weeks 3days wednesday... so my dr wanted me to do another ultrasound on friday so i went in still no fetal pole i have a yolk sac and its growing also friday they told me it was 2 sacs there so i oviously lost one and the other had not even formed. so my dr called me when i got home asking me to please get a DNC and i said nope if its gonna happen it will happen naturally. did i do the wrong thing? or has anyone had this happen to them im so scared and no bleeding or nothing alot of morning sickness and headaches. last period was april 1 2013 im irregular so i can skip 1 or 2 months at a time...

Answer Question
 
lauraypancho

Asked by lauraypancho at 10:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I probably wouldn't choose to get a D&C either, I'd just wait for it to happen, unless I started having some uncontrollable bleeding or another complication. You could ask your doctor for more information about why he/she wants you to have the D&C and if it would be fairly safe for you to wait for the miscarriage to happen on its own. They could give you signs to watch for that would indicate you might need to come in.
    katinthehat8914

    Answer by katinthehat8914 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • I agree with previous poster.

    Also you can get a second opinion.
    tntmom1027

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • I have actually read stories from other ladies on here that the doctor told them they were miscarrying their baby, wanted to do a D&C, lady said no, I'll wait, and 8-9 months later had a healthy baby.
    hopeandglory53

    Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • Watch for fevers or very bad cramping. These can be signs that you need to get to a doctor quick!
    PartyGalAnne

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • I *personally*would wait it out for a bit but if it did not happen naturally with in a few weeks I would request another ultrasound and then do the DNC.
    But_Mommie

    Answer by But_Mommie at 11:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • Usually if you are less than about eight weeks along, the procedure is optional because your body will pass the products of conception naturally. However, you need to keep going back to the clinic and having the levels of pregnancy hormones in your blood tested till they drop to zero. Otherwise, you might be retaining clots in your uterus, which could lead to infection or life-threatening hemorrhage. Been there, done that, don't recommend it. If you can commit to waiting it out and having your hormones monitored till there's no HCG left in your bloodstream, you'll probably be fine. Some women can't stand the wait. It sounds like there's no hope for the pregnancy, though, so don't hang on just for that reason. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
    Ballad

    Answer by Ballad at 11:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

  • You take risks either way. I had the empty sac removed by a D& C, but the Dr. didn't get it all & I got an infection w/ a fever of almost 105 degrees. They had to do a 2nd procedure. That sucked. But the reason I chose to do the procedure was b/c I wanted to have it done & over-with & not be shocked & surprised by when it would happen naturally. I was also tired of feeling crappy for a pregnancy that didn't exist. Talk over your options, write down your concerns. If you're not happy w/ the responses, seek a 2nd opinion. GL & *hugs*

    mrsmom110

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

  • That is up to you. I had it done because I was prone to bleeding out. I was more comfortable having it controlled rather than nature taking it's course. They could be wrong and the baby might be viable. I'd give it a few more days/weeks. They cannot force you into the hospital. Much less perform a procedure you did not authorize.
    2autisticsmom

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN