Fried Spaghetti?

I've seen a couple of you post that you had Fried Spaghetti. I have never heard of it , how do you make it?

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• My mother has always made spaghetti fritters with leftover and cooked spaghetti... I'm not sure if it's what you're talking about though.

Spaghetti, eggs, flour, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Mix all together and fry in some oil until crispy. About the size of pancakes.

They really are yummy!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I never heard of it, but I was intrigued. I found a Web site that raves about how good fried spaghetti is; I might have to try it. You typically start with the leftovers from the night before.

2 eggs
    1/4 cup of milk
    3 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
    1 Tbls of butter
    1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
    1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
    Leftover cooked spaghetti with sauce

Whisk together the milk , eggs, cheese, parsley and pepper.

In a large skillet heat the oil and butter until it just begins to foam.

Mix together the egg mixture and spaghetti.

Fry spaghetti for around 5 minutes until the bottom forms a golden brown crust.

Flip the spaghetti over and fry the other side until golden brown. Tip the pie onto a plate and slice into quarters.

http://www.great-chicago-italian-recipes.com/fri
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• That sounds interesting. I make Skillet Spaghetti that is amazing.
    One Pan Skillet Spaghetti
    1 lb hamburger
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
    16 oz can whole tomatoes, sliced into small pieces (I just use diced tomatoes)
    1 small can tomato sauce
    1/2 cup water
    1 can mushrooms (optional)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    8 oz uncooked thin spaghetti, broken
    2 oz cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger, onion and green pepper (drain grease). Stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients (except cheese)
    Heat to boiling.
    Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally until done.
    Sprinkle with cheese until melted.
    DO NOT ADD MORE LIQUID. I know, I know, I know that it looks weird and you don't think the noodles will cook, but I'm telling you that it does. If you add anymore liquid, it will be soupy and not taste as go
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I have no idea but when we have the left overs... I heat it through in a deep frying pan and call it fried spaghetti!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• It doesn't get crunchy but it does change it. The sauce is no longer 'soupy' (?). It is more cooked into the noodle... I can't descibe it but it's good and a little different than the first go around.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Ballad that's like the spaghetti pie that was always part of our very Italian style Christmas Eve buffet. Yummers!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Back in the day (before microwaves) we'd put it in a frying pan to re-heat it. I'm guessing that's what it is!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Now I need to try this.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• My fried spaghetti is boiled spaghetti noodles that have been thoroughly drained (usually it's leftovers, but if I make it specifically like I did yesterday, I make it a few hours ahead of time so it can really drain and put it in the fridge). I add some butter or some olive oil to a skillet and when it's melted/hot, I add the noodles (in batches, if it's not leftovers). I season it, usually with salt, seasoned pepper, garlic powder/salt, and just turn it occasionally until it's all hot. Parts of it do get crunchy. I add parmesan cheese when it's done.

My entire family absolutely loves it. In fact, when it's leftovers, we had to make a rule that whoever gets to it first gets to have it, because there's usually not enough for more than one person. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I make "spaghetti pizza", which my kids love and is great to pack it for lunch because it can be eaten at room temperature.
    I use leftover spaghetti (I usually make more just to do this, lol), I add egg and grated parmesan and mix it well. Heat up a pan, add some olive oil (or spray it with olive oil flavored PAM) and add the spaghetti, pat it tightly in the pan and let it cook, medium heat until it's browned on the bottom (take a peek using a spatula). Cover it with a plate, turn it over, add more olive oil and slide it back in, uncooked side down and let it brown as well. Slide it out, let it rest until it settles and cut it.

I use spaghetti with marinara sauce for this, never tried it with another sauce. But I'm thinking pesto wouldn't be too bad.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2013