Litter boxes

If you have two cats .. Would you use.. One litter box or two? Our cats are from the same litter, but the bigger one always picks fights with the other one..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2013 in Pets

• I would put two boxes in separate areas, just to be safe.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Both of our cats use the same box, but we've never had any problems....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Honestly I would use 3 and clean them all daily.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• If it was two cats that got along I wouldn't have a problem using one and cleaning frequently. but as the other picks on the one I would do two as they can be a source of territorial behavior.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• I started with two when we first got our kitten... Eventually, I noticed that they both started using just one.. then it was safe to take one away.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• Up to you
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• If you're asking, you probably need two.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2013

• You need 3 litter boxes. Most vets advise that you have 1 extra litter box for every cat you have to let them choose locations and also because some cats won't go in a box that another cat just went in. It's a territorial thing, and if you think about it, would you stand in litter that someone just used or use a bathroom stall that still stinks? Be sure to space them apart or put them in different areas of the home. Most cats also prefer wider boxes. Be sure to clean it at least once a day but preferably twice a day if you have time. Also, try using unscented litter because scented ones actually make it smell worse and make it more difficult for the cats to cover up their crap.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I have 3 cats and 3 litter boxes...one for each cat.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 4:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Our neighbor has 2 cats & 3 litter boxes. (all in different locations) They are cleaned daily.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2013