Do I have the right to ask my sister not to swear at my house

My sister who comes to my home at least six times a week. The only problem is that she swears like a sailor. I am not a prude. But I don't think that every other word needs to be the F bomb or give God a last name. I now that she dose not believe in God. But we respect each other faith.
The bad thing is. That my son said the F bomb when his cousin hit him in the face with a pool toy really hard, So he was grounded for two days. So I asked my sister to please watch her mouth at my house. She apologized to the both of us. She watched her mouth for the day. She came back to my home to visit. Swearing loud and a lot.

So my question is do I have the right to ask people not to swear around my kids.
I am not a prude or anything. I don't mind the words hell damn shit and pissed off. Just the other words bug my hubby and me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• You have every right to ask people not to swear around your kids especially if they are coming to your house.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Your house, your kids, your rules. If it's that much a part of her regular vocabulary, you could get rich if you set up a swear jar! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• it is your house and your rules if you don't want your children hearing that sort of talk then you have every right to ask her not to talk that when at your house and if she doesn't comply then you have the right to ask her to leave I have had to do this with a couple people because they were always using certain talk when at my house and my boys were picking up on it and starting to talk the same way so I had to ask these people if they weren't going to follow my requests then they weren't welcome at my house any more and it stopped
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• You have a right to. If she doesn't comply. Tell her to leave your house.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Yes you do.

Answer by Bmat at 7:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Yep. Your house, your rules.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Yes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Absolutely, you have the right to say what and who comes into your home. Profanity has never been allowed in our home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Its your house and anyone in it should abide by your rules. We don't have cussing in our house.

Answer by missanc at 9:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Yes you do have the right to ask her not to swear in your home and you can tell her what happened and you do not want that to get to be any kind of a habit with him. However if she swears,
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2013