Do your childen....?

like to draw and color and do you get down with them and draw and color right along side of them? My children both love to draw and color and they love it when I get down by them and draw or color right with them.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• My 11 y/o is great at art & doesn't like me to see her work until it's complete! :) I have colored in coloring books w/ all 3 of my kids, but now that my dau can create stuff free-hand, she's out of my league! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• When my kids were younger, I did color and draw with them. My 12 yr old still likes to do artwork, and he's really talented, too. My 9 yr old enjoys it, but he's never happy with his work and always thinks it can be better, so he gets really frustrated.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• My children did and liked to paint, the grandchildren do too.
    Yes I will draw or color or paint .
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Yes and yes
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• My kids enjoy creating. I don't usually draw with them. They like me to see what they create, and notice their process or experience. (How they seem to really be enjoying themselves, or what they did to facilitate some project.) Right now for one of my 4 year olds, that often involves taping multiple pages together so he can draw what he needs to (or so he can have the fun of using Scotch tape.)
    He sometimes asks me to draw things for him, if he's trying to achieve something very specific & wants to reproduce something he can't quite achieve. Or if he wants to know how to spell/write something. But other than that, I don't usually get involved beyond noticing what they're doing & how they (appear to) feel about it.
    They do like to spend time with me & they love it when I engage with them. It's just that I tend to participate in other activities than drawing.
    Still, for the most part, they take care of the playing & I reflect.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2013