Alleged Nazi commander living in Minnesota

I guess a Commander of the Nazi's have been living in Minnesota since 1949. He is know 94 years old. Now that they have found him, do we leave him be? Or still make him pay for all the crime he committed? He's been living quietly all this time.

Done bellow is the link to an interview of a woman where she tells her story of coming close ot being killed and having her father killed. 

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/24/19112386-alleged-nazi-commander-living-in-minnesota-polish-survivors-recall-raid-on-village?lite

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it's our place to try him.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• They've found of few of these guys over recent years & they're all so old now. I don't think jail is the answer. Most have medical issues & other problems that arise from aging. They (the jails) aren't really equipped to deal with them. I'm not saying they shouldn't atone for their crimes, but due to other extenuating circumstances, I don't think jail is the answer for the elderly.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I think that many of these guys regret the past and have lived in a jail of their own making for many years. At night they go to sleep dreaming of the death and dying they were responsible for as young men who in many cases simply followed orders or did what they had to in order to stay alive theirselves. What they did was horribly wrong but I guess I have to ask what have they done for the last 40+ years of their lives? Have they helped others? Taught the little ones to be kind to each other? Or have they taught violence & hatard? If they've changed and are trying to make the world a better place then leave them be. They will be dead shortly so why put the money into them. Why not take that money instead & use it to help those affected by hatard.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• throw the book at him
    he entered this country under false pretenses. he claimed to have not served in the military. meaning he's and illegal alien.
    and "we" dont have to do anything other than allow him to be extreadited, either to germany or poland
    who cares how hes lived his life since the war- what about all the people who didnt get to live any sort of life because of his actions

and if we are going to let him off because hes old and been living quietly then i guess we should not do anything to whitey bulger either

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• yes i heard that, and I live in MN. I think he's too old to do anything to. he could die at any minute.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• There are a lot of Nazi's living in the US. Our government brought them over and employed them after the holocaust. It's a well known fact.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Wow, tough call. I agree with Mrsmom, jail probably isn't the place for someone that old. But what to do with him, I'm not sure.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Hes 94 leave him be. He will be dead most likely before they could finish trying him.
    JanetMonroe1991

Answer by JanetMonroe1991 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2013