Wtf is wrong with people?

a "friend" of mine on facebook posted a picture of her 6 year old flicking off the camera with both hands. when other people called her out on it she got all pissy and reminded them that shes the parent and its none of anyone else's concern. bullshit! i just cant imagine what that poor child is going to grow up like if her trashy, shitty ass parents are teaching her stuff like that now. how awful

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• well, the second you post that crap on FB...it is no longer "none of anyone else's concern"
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• exactly- and her page is completely public so its out there for the entire world's viewing.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Well, I guess someone has to be the bad example to use to teach kids to do better.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Everyday I become nervous.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• a 6 yr old shouldn't even know that hand gesture. I actually don't know when the lat time I even used it. I pretend to do it, like put my fist up like I am going to do it but never actually put a finger up and I never did it in front of my kids.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• My dd blows me off when I express concerns about the photos she posts of her dd's in the bathtub. Granted they may be covered with bubbles BUT there are people out there who get their jollies off that. She claims that none of her friends would do that but since she has over 500 "friends" I wouldn't bet on that.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• oh I know... it's ridiculous how judgmental people can be!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• lol- if im judgmental for finding it horrible that a 6 year old is flicking off the camera and her parents are teaching her that, then so be it. if people dont want to be "judged" (or have other people state their opinions) then they shouldnt put their shit all over the internet like a dumbass.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/23/19104579-5-year-old-girl-left-home-fatally-shoots-self-in-head-cops-say

Some of the crap people post on FB is disturbing- but ^^^^this is even worse :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I find posting a picture of a six-year-old flipping off the camera unsavory at best,especially since by taking the picture, the mom is condoning the gesture if not directly teaching it. I wouldn't do it with my child, and I would seriously tell off anyone else who did. But as distasteful as I find it, I probably wouldn't comment on it to the parents. It's like when I hear some little kid swearing and his parents laughing, I think to myself that it's sad, but I don't bother to voice my opinion because it won't change anyone's mind.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2013