Tattoo question!

I'm debating on what tattoo to get, I'm not sure of the placement. does anyone have it on their hip? I feel like it would really hurt, and I'm not exactly skinny, so I don't think I would want to lift my shirt and expose my stomach I really like my back or colar bone>

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 11:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Just for Fun

• anything over a bone that is closer to the skin surface will hurt a lot more then a fleshy part
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Never get is squish parts IMO. Because if you get bigger the tat with stretch and look awful. If this is your first tattoo. I would recommend back of your shoulder or maybe just under the neck. It hurts a little because its on he spine but it was to terrible when I got my neck tattoo.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Mine is on the front of my leg at the sock line. I just got it last November and either I'm a wuss about pain or it hurt real bad. My sister said it was a sensitive spot. Makes me scared to get another.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I have mine on my back right shoulder. It didn't really hurt. And because of the placement, I was able to lay on my stomach and never see the needle.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I have one on my shoulder, one on my side, one on my inner wrist, one on the top of my foot, one on my ankle and one on my stomach.. Of all of those, the ankle one was a bitch and hurt for about a week.. The others were a piece of cake. The side/rib area and top of the foot was told to me to be the worst but they weren't :)

I will never get another one on my ankle again
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• This is one of those things that is impossible to get opinion on. A tattoo is something highly personal and only YOU know where it will compliment your body. Think about your career path, if your kids will see it, and how it will age.
    If you are big chested, do NOT get a collarbone tattoo. The weight of your breasts will stretch the skin and distort it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I got one on my hip and it didn't hurt at all. Fleshy parts are easier to get tattooed. I also got one on each shoulder, and while those hurt a bit more than the hip, they weren't bad. The collarbone will hurt more because there's not much flesh in that area.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2013