i am living in my mother inlaws house latley we have been bumping heads and everytime i tell my hubby what happen he says i am naggin and dosent want to her it what should i do?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I as well live with my mother in law, so I am speaking from experience. When my MIL and I bump heads hubby NEVER wants to hear about it and says I am nagging as well. What I do is talk to my MIL about it and ask her to see it from my point of view. For example: she wanted me to keep my daughter on the bottle and I said no. When she argued I said, would you want your MIL telling you how to raise YOUR kids?? She dropped the topic after that. It is hard. We have our ups and downs constantly. I hope this helps.

Answer by Bellemom06 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I feel for you.
    1. Read The Mother-in-Law Dance by Annie Chapman
    2. Stay out of your MIL's way. Honestly, that's what I'd do. Just let her do her thing, and you pray about getting your own place.
    3. Pray about your hubby too- that He's step up to the plate!!!

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• maybe try picking your battles. i think while you are living with your mom in-law, you are going to have to hold your tongue a lot. if it's not a truly hurtful thing, you'll have to let it go in one ear and out the other. hopefully your time there is only temporary. (if it is a hurtful thing that your mom in-law said/did, then your husband should know and be on your side). i hope this helps.

Answer by MommaGoose1776 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think you should sit down with your husband and come up with a time table to get your own place. Also, avoid getting into it with you MIL. Give yourselves some space. It's probably not great for her either and comes with the territory. My husband would never step in over minor stuff between me and his mother and he wouldn't sympathize with me either. Rely on us to be your sounding board and to keep your sanity at home.

Answer by manna1qd at 9:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Vent on Cafemom. LOL I am in the same boat as you.

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• MOVE!

Answer by alismommy07 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008