Monday funk....

I can't seem to get out of it!!! I am not sure if I am just burnt out with my job or what... I get to feeling like I don't want to be here and want to look for something else, but then I know I have it really good here and know that the grass wouldn't be greener on the other side.

And then again I am not sure if it's just all of the stuff that's happened within the last few months with my mom & sis passing that have really gotten me down. Then to top it off the month of June isn't so great for me either since it's when my Dad passed in '01, father's day, and his bday at the end of the month.

Sheesh... I feel overwhelmed!!!!

Have you ever felt this way? Do you ever feel like nothing will ever change?

sorry to be a Debbie-downer.. :0/

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Health

• On the upside, Twinkies are making a comeback! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• OK- seriously, we all get into our funks from time to time. You just have to focus on the blessings you have. Call a gf for a girls night out. Go for a walk. Do something you enjoy doing to help improve your mood. Watch a comedy. (That usually works for me)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I understand. I was feeling like that with my job a few weeks ago, but it was because things get REALLY slow between cases. Now that I'm busy again, I feel better.

Do you have any vacation time you can take? Maybe take a couple of days to regroup and do things you feel like doing. (Besides sleeping. In my experience, that just makes things worse.)
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I LOVE TWINKIES!!! lol and that made me laugh!! lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I will have some vacation time starting next month so i am trying to hold out until then. I just keep telling myself to make it!! lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I am sorry for your losses. I'm sure that has a lot to do with what you're dealing with. To answer your question, yes. I'm a pessimist by nature. I tend to throw mental pity parties for myself more often than I rejoice in my blessings. However when I remember to look on the bright side things always seem THAT much brighter.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• What do you have to look forward to this week? Focus on that!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• You've been through a lot lately. No wonder you feel down. I have those days where I don't even want to crawl out from under the covers. Try playing music you enjoy, or taking a walk at lunchtime. I hope the clouds lift for you soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Thank you Ballad... yeah it's been tough and I have really been trying to push forward today. It has been super busy with work with the phones ringing off the hook... lol

I have been playing to music and loud. Luckily I am the only one here in the office today so they don't have to listen to it. That's one thing I like is being left alone on days like this.

Thanks again to everyone who commented!!! Hope you all have a great day!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2013