Does this make sense?

My dh thinks that just bc he busts his but at work by sweating really bad (he works outside sometimes) he can come home and eat junk food like for dinner we'll splurge and have some hamburgers with the combos or Pizza then we'll have a desert like ice cream or cake.
This is not all the time but he believes just as long as he sweats if off he's losing something.
I tell him you might be alittle right what do you think all that junk is doing inside our bodies some of that has to stick inside our bodies, then he's like I don't see you saying no on eating junk food...well I usually eat 2 slices of pizza but he'll have more than 2.
What is right here ladies?
Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Health

• when my husband has been working physically hard he wants to not cook, ask me to cook, or worry about dishes, messes, getting hotter w/ the oven on, etc. also you generally crave SALT when you've been working hard.

one would assume your DH isn't 500 pounds since he's working so hard. he wants something fast, obviously...

i'd be more concerned about drinks and hydration if it was my hubby. lots of ice water, no pop.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I'd say he's poorly trying to justify all that junk food. My DH does it too. :/
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Personally? If he makes the money, he should get to choose what he eats.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Its still putting crap in his body, tell him to eat healthier. Then again you said it's not all the time, so what's the big deal?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Men can eat more than us- that's jsut a fact.
    calories are calories- unfortunately, junk food has a lot more than better food ;)

I think you should try to eat good home- cooked meals most of the time, but there is nothing wrong with eating that stuff here and there

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Sweating only loses water, not calories or cholesterol or anything like that. Now, if he sweats because his job is very physical, then he might be right. But if sweats just because they don't have ac, or because his job is in direct sunlight (working a guard gate, for example, in a small shack that gets lots of sun and no ac), then he's only losing water.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• here's what i do for SO
    couple of times a week we do junk food- but since it's generally from scratch...
    the rest of the week i do a "square" meal. protein veggie carb and salad

he doesnt balk, too much, because he doesnt like foraging for his next meal :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• He's a big boy.
    I try to limit how much soda my hubby has. I will not buy it for the house anymore. BUT he goes to work and buys it himself.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Is he over weight?

Answer by louise2 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2013