Dear higher power, please save my backside while I do this incredibly stupid and dangerous thing for fame and fortune

So is it just me, or was the tightrope stunt the ultimate example of doing it wrong in terms of faith and prayer?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Religious Debate

• LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• It's NOT just you!!!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Yeah- I was thinking "really?"
    we watch this guy for like 22 min...then the channel changed (due to 2 things about to be recording) and by the time hubby put it back he was done! Ooops...oh well

I mean I get that he was putting his faith in God/ Jesus there- but I also kept thinking how silly it seemed *to me* that he thought they were going to save him or calm the winds for him or whatever. The thing is- now that he did it and with all that ...praying/ begging - NO one can tell him that God had nothing to do with his crossing it and not falling to a horrible death
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• so does that mean all the money is going to God now? i mean, he prayed for God to keep him safe, for all he knows God did his job, so...God should get all the credit right? it wasnt the guys talent or ability that got him across the rope, it was God. so what's so great about the tightrope walker?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I on,y watch stuff like that hoping I get to watch them fall to their deaths.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I didn't watch it, but I saw people posting on Facebook about it, and honestly that kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• How much did he get for doing that anyways?

Answer by louise2 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I did think it was odd, bringing faith into what had been billed as a stunt that required great skill and training. I could imagine Jesus saying, "Okay, bonehead, I didn't ask you to risk your ass on that wire fifteen hundred feet above the river. That's on you, bud."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I was like, I doubt that Jesus cares if you were dumb enough to do the stunt in the first placed, I turned it off after the 100th please lord jesus!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I know nothing about this except he fell and died. Do you have a link?

Having not seen it, I do not think faith ins going to save you if you try to jump the grand canyon no matter how many prayers you say.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2013