Dear higher power, please save my backside while I do this incredibly stupid and dangerous thing for fame and fortune

So is it just me, or was the tightrope stunt the ultimate example of doing it wrong in terms of faith and prayer?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Very unwise.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• It is his life if he wants to tight rope walk more power to him. If he wants to pray while doing that is his right. I am an Atheist so I really don't care what religious people do or don't do as long as they are not breaking the law or discriminating.

healthykidsmom

Answer by healthykidsmom at 10:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I was watching too, he kept on praising Jesus throughout the whole thing, I agree with you NP!

Answer by older at 8:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I watched it and would have enjoyed it a lot more if he hadn't bothered God the whole way across. It would have been much cooler to wonder what was going through his mind as he made the crossing, instead of listening to him alternately suck up and beg to a higher power until he got to the end part where he started thanking Discovery Channel. LOL!
    Side note: Don't give your kids a pack of chewing gum when they are about to be interviewed on national tv! Poor little stressed out kids were chewing like maniacs. :P
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• @#$%ing Wellendas drive me nuts!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• See I told you I didn't know anything about it. I even got that wrong.
    I am with Ok the money should be paid to God.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• This is the first I'm hearing of this. I'm still so out of the loop right now but anyway-sounds like a dumbass to me.
    Wonder what would be said had he fallen. Oh that was gods plan. /sarcasm
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I know nothing about this except he fell and died.

He didn't fall.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• does that mean grand dad didnt have enough faith?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• well yeah- because stuff like that is on god's priority list. forget child starvation, famine and poverty, someone's going to be stupid tonight!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2013