Dear higher power, please save my backside while I do this incredibly stupid and dangerous thing for fame and fortune

So is it just me, or was the tightrope stunt the ultimate example of doing it wrong in terms of faith and prayer?

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Religious Debate

• It's NOT just you!!!! LOL

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• so does that mean all the money is going to God now? i mean, he prayed for God to keep him safe, for all he knows God did his job, so...God should get all the credit right? it wasnt the guys talent or ability that got him across the rope, it was God. so what's so great about the tightrope walker?

Answer by okmanders at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I did think it was odd, bringing faith into what had been billed as a stunt that required great skill and training. I could imagine Jesus saying, "Okay, bonehead, I didn't ask you to risk your ass on that wire fifteen hundred feet above the river. That's on you, bud."

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• well yeah- because stuff like that is on god's priority list. forget child starvation, famine and poverty, someone's going to be stupid tonight!

Answer by tnm786 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• does that mean grand dad didnt have enough faith?

Answer by feralxat at 3:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I didn't watch it, but I saw people posting on Facebook about it, and honestly that kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I was like, I doubt that Jesus cares if you were dumb enough to do the stunt in the first placed, I turned it off after the 100th please lord jesus!

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• This is the first I'm hearing of this. I'm still so out of the loop right now but anyway-sounds like a dumbass to me.
    Wonder what would be said had he fallen. Oh that was gods plan. /sarcasm

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• @#$%ing Wellendas drive me nuts!

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I watched it and would have enjoyed it a lot more if he hadn't bothered God the whole way across. It would have been much cooler to wonder what was going through his mind as he made the crossing, instead of listening to him alternately suck up and beg to a higher power until he got to the end part where he started thanking Discovery Channel. LOL!
    Side note: Don't give your kids a pack of chewing gum when they are about to be interviewed on national tv! Poor little stressed out kids were chewing like maniacs. :P

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2013