DD asked the big question

We were driving pass the hospital my DD(5yo) was born at and I pointed it out to her and told her she was born there. She was so excited, "yup I came out of your tummy, they cut you open and took me out. Mommy where is the cut on your tummy?" I told her they didn't cut my stomach to get her out. "how did they get me out then?"
Yeah... I set myself up for that LOL. I told her the truth of coarse and she looked surprised and asked if DS was born the same way and I said yes. She turns to him and says "you were born out of my moms part" and points to her private part. DS(3yo) goes "NOOOO that's gross!!!"

Fun times.... I was laughing so hard. When did you kids ask how they were born?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• My older kids were 7 and 9 when their brother was born. He was a planned csection but they asked if he was my first csection, how were they born?

Answer by missanc at 12:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• My DD told me how it happens at some point... evidently she saw it on her Nat Geo VHS tapes we got at a yard sale.
    In her words "it's just the circle of life Mommy."

Her real question was... "I know where babies come from, but how do they get there?"
    My reply... it's bed time, I'll tell you when we have more time!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• LOL. I had to tell mine as they were playing once and talking about how they came 'flying' out of my tummy. I couldn't take it any longer and finally just said, 'that's not how you came out of me' and then proceeded to tell them and DS was quiet. He finally spoke and said "I really wish you hadn't just told me that". I can hardly wait until he finds out about sex when we give him the talk.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• LOL mine was born via csection. He has known for a quite a while and it didn't phase him.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I started telling Dd a cleaned up version of her birth story when she was around 3. I had a c-section, so that part wasn't so hard.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• My daughter knows that she came out of my tummy, but I have the C-section scar which I showed her, so we didn't have to talk about the whole vaginal birth deal. When she asked how she got in my tummy, I just told her God put her there. Which in my book is true. There's no other reason I would have gotten pregnant the first time I was with somebody, after having tried and failed for eight years with medical intervention. So far, she's happy with that info.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• My dau & I feel asleep while watching TV one night (she was about 5 y/o I think) Well, she woke up & they were showing a C-section on whatever channel was on & she was horrified. I explained to her that the woman was giving birth. For years she said she didn't want to have kids b/c she didn't want to be cut open. I did tell her that not all women have to have their babies that way, but she's still on the fence about adoption. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2013