Would you make a complaint?

my neighbors that are like 4 houses away have their music so loud and booming that I can hear it clearly even though my windows are closed. Would you call the police and make a complaint? I have tried talking to them but they still have it booming and it is annoying.  They have it this way all day and late into the evening

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• It depends on if your city has a daytime noise ordinance. Most cities have them at night. I would call your police department and ask what your city's is.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• If its during daylght until 9-10 pm. There's isnt much the cops will do. Be smart look at your local police departments website and check the noise laws.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• You could call the non-emergency line and ask if anything could be done during the day. Sometimes police will show up and warn them but really they can't do anything until after a certain time.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• If it is during the day you can't do anything about it. If it is after a certain time periods(some cities are 9pm some are later) then you can call and make a complaint and they will have the cops come out and have them quiet down or cite them if they don't.

During the day unless they are breaking the cities ordinance for decibels(some cities have them some don't) there isn't anything that can be done.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Are they doing this everyday?

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• And in your case your neighbors already dislike you why keep adding fuel to the fire.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Hmm. I might turn my music up loud so I can't hear theirs.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Fight fire with fire- if funlovinglady is right & there's nothing to lose- why not find some annoying polka or bagpipe music to blare on a speaker facing them?! :p Of course the neighbors in the middle might file complaints on both of you...

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2013