Did you know that Sarah Palin has to pay back taxes?

here is a link I found http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/62380.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who cares? More then one of Obamas cabinet picks had to pay back too. Seems to be the norm in Washington.

Answer by gemgem at 7:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

•  While it says hers was under a new determination by state officials(based on per diem received).And  as military~we do not pay taxes on our per diem or housing. Which is similar to what the Gov is getting "caught" on.  Maybe the rules are different for Gov?  I dunno... I would still think that the laws would be clearly spelled out for the Gov and her tax people to understand. But given the crazy IRS questions I have seen lately on CM... Who knows.... lol

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Ok..at this point I don't care. I stopped caring when Geithner was put into office. If the guy that is head of the IRS can pay when he wants to why not everyone else! From Sarah Palin to Joe Schmo everybody should get to pay WHENEVER!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• HAHAHAHA good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Good for her,she needs to start billing the state time spent in her Wasilla home. Why can't see live in her Gov. mansion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• So, does anyone know if Nancy Pelosi is paying taxes on flying her children back and forth from California to DC on the private Government owned jet? I see this new ruling as a precedent that will end up costing politicians dearly.  For good reason.  If Palin avoids this and doesn't pay it back for another 3-5 years (like Dacshle, Geithtner, etc) Then she can join their crappy tax avoidance club.  I read one report that says she owes roughly a tax bill of $6,000 based on not reporting her family's travel income of $25,000...  But her per diem is non taxable. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would think that the status changes she had with going from governor to vice presidential candidate, plus the contributions and such being sporatic that there would end up being a difference with taxes. To me, it would only matter if they were paid once it came to light. If there were back taxes that wre never paid, I would have issues with any politician, not just Sarah Palin.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Great, this must qualify her for a cabinet position in Obama's administration. Considering Rahm was living rent free for 5 years, I don't think Palin's issue is that big of a deal. But by all means, Conservative haters, keep beating Palin's dead horse. Of course, it doesn't deflect from the current administration's corruption.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009