Do you frost your brownies?

i want to make something chocolatey for dessert tonight. brownies are sooo easy and i know the recipe like the back of my hand. chocolate cake on the other hand i'd have to google and put in more work... lol. but i also kind of want to make some chocolate frosting to put on the brownies, just don't know if it'd be an overkill.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Nope. I think they are too rich with frosting.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• nope- there are enough calories and sweetness in them to begin with!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I dislike brownies with frosting or extra "stuff" in/on them.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• no, I don't care for frosting anyway :/
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• nope, I am not a fan of frosting.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I have a recipe I use occasionally for "one minute icing" that I pour on top of brownies every now and then. It's simple, too - one c sugar, 1/4 c milk, 1/2 stick butter, 3 T cocoa, 1 tsp vanilla - mixed (in sauce pan) until butter melts, then stop stirring. when it starts to boil let boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat, hold sauce pan in sink with cold water and beat until it starts to thicken, pour over brownies or cake immediately

You can also make a real quick ganache by heating up half a cup (I think I have that right) of cream in the microwave or over the stove until it gets hot. Pour in with a cup of chocolate (or whatever flavor you like) chips and cover, let sit 3 minutes, stir. you can pour right away or keep stirring until it cools and thickens, however much you like. it will thicken as it cools, even after you pour. you can even add a bit of peppermint extract, and it tastes just like andes mints, IMO ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Not usually, but I've been dying to try the brownies I heard about where you put half the batter in the pan, then lay in York Peppermint Patties and top with the remaining batter so you get a gooey mint center.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Ballad, that sounds amazing.

I'll cheat and add chocolate chips, or even marshmallows to my batter ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• well i ended up just adding chocolate chips to the batter and skipping on the frosting :)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2013