How much money do you pull in a month extra for your family?

Are you the breadwinner?
I only pull 1360 extra. I'm trying to make more money!
What ways do you go about changing your career if you have no experience, just a college education (that may or may not pertain to the new job)?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Money & Work

• Not enough that's for sure :/ If you want to earn extra money, you can sell something (ie. gold, silver) or have a garage sale. There's always your own plasma too. Depending on what your degree is in, you can possibly tutor in that field. There's also dog-sitting, dog-walking, house-cleaning, & house-sitting.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Is that full time? Talk to friends, family members, etc. to find out if their places of business are hiring (if they pay well). Set a goal of what type of job you want, be willing to start at the bottom, but constantly be looking for ways you can go over and above to prove yourself as a valuable employee, worthy of promotion.
    I'm currently a SAHM, I sub in the local highschool and make $100/day so it depends on how much I want/am able to work in a month. I still have little ones at home, so it's usually only 4-5 days/month when my mom or inlaws can keep them.

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I make over $6k a month before taxes working full time. DH makes more than I do.

I started with temp work to get a feel for different companies and deciding what I wanted to do.
    Anonymous

• No extra, since I'm the main breadwinner as well as the homemaker.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• What do you mean by EXTRA. I earn a steady income but don't have any sources of EXTRA income.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I also am not sure what you mean by extra.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I make about 1,000 extra.. Slowly increasing that though.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2013