What is so hard to understand that there is NO actual stimulas check coming?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's one of two reasons :

1. The past stimulus (Bush's administration) was an actual check and I think people just hear the word "stimulus" and think check.

2. People want their hand out. They want their part of the wealth Obama promised to spread.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am very much worried how people are going to react when those checks don't start rolling in. There are so many people who believe it. And I saw a sound bite of Obama on his "pass the bill" stump where he specifically says your getting a check. It was shown on MSNBC. Now in the WHOLE statement he was talking to a person on SS but in the clip you dont see that. I think there are going to be many upset people!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Folks want things for free! I find it absolutely deplorable that this bill is going to allow foolish people who took out mortgages that they really couldn't afford to not only stay in the homes, but to bring the values of the homes down to today's market value and lower their interest rates (even though they were stupid and chose to take a variable rate mortgage).

Just another rung up the ladder towards socialism.
    ashpat79

Answer by ashpat79 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Becuase President Obama is not like Bush. People are confusing last year's stimulus which handed out money to people, and this year's stimulus which is going straight into the economy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• People dont take the time to read anything...they just ask blindly. It is getting to be a bit much as I read through the questions.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• OMG - we're STILL talking about this???????

Tell people to pick up a newspaper or turn on the news channel rather than watch the latest reality crap!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Because people want a hand out. Obama lead alot of people to believe that they checks would start rolling in. Also alot of people dont take the time to read for themselves what this is. I dont agree with it. We are spending money we dont have, and thats never the answer. But people shouldnt be expecting the government to send them checks either.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• because obama is the king of hand outs so far and people want their bite its pathetic ... people need to relize unles syou are one group of people that he likes he aint helping you
    Anonymous