Do you think this mom will face additional charges? Should she? adult content

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/23/19104579-5-year-old-girl-left-home-fatally-shoots-self-in-head-cops-say?lite

This story makes me sick! Take the kid to the store with you or get a sitter. I'm sure she feels bad, but I hope more charges are brought against her. What do you think?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• This she will have to live with the rest of her life, that in itself is punishment, but she will probably be charged with more, she needs to pay for her mistake because it caused her daughter her life.

Answer by older at 5:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Mother should be thrown in prison for life. Who knows how many times she left her child alone locked in a room. It breaks my heart.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Hopefully more charges, although I don't know what specifically she could be charged with. At 5 years old, leaving her home alone? Damn. How sad.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I think they should file more charges. Child/Reckless Endangerment comes to mind.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• There's nothing at the store important enough to justify leaving a five-year-old home alone, whether there's a gun in the house or not. Any number of awful things could have happened. That kind of negligence is inexcusable to me, and although I don't know what the charges should be on a technical level, I think the mom should have the book thrown at her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• She should face child endangerment, negligence and anything else they can stick her with.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Reading this just made me cry! How awful! I'm not familiar with the gun law where this happened, but why on earth would you keep any weapon like this around a child!? And why would any parent leave their kids unattended in a home that contains a gun!? It's absolutely heartbreaking! Yes this Mother is never going to get over this and the guilt will stay with her forever, but its what she deserves for neglecting her child. That poor little girl, by heart goes out to her.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• wow, my neighbor called CPS on me last year because my kids were asleep in their beds at 11pm and I went outside to walk up and down the sidewalk for exercise, with my house in plain view the entire time. I didn't go to the store or even leave my road, she said that if the house caught fire or something I wouldn't have been able to get to the kids in time. Well, I doubt the house would have gone up that fast but I see where she was upset. I got a severe lecture from CPS just for doing that, I think this woman's goose is probably cooked as well it should be. Plus she was stupid for having a gun in her home where it was not locked up and had the bullets accessible to the child. Hell I keep my knives locked up and in a cupboard above my sink!
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2013