Why the heck

did Obama need to go to Denver to sign in the stimulus? Why the heck does he have to go to Phoenix to talk about foreclosures? Why can't these things be done out of D.C.? Is this not costing big bucks to fly back and forth? Why on the deadline for the automakers they ask for MORE money? Why is PNC giving bonuses? Why are we seen and not HEARD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He's not reaching out, he's still campaining. He got the job and the his place of employment is DC. That's where he needs to be.
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think Obama likes to campaign or something. I dont care where he is or what hes saying. Idont even watch the news anymore LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Its presence that is important to people. It shows that he truely does care rather than run the presidency from behind a desk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Obama is in a no win situation.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Because unlike some other stuck up presidents, Obama is trying to reach out to people, Not just by sitting on his fancy desk in Washington but by traveling across the U.S to get a feel of what this country really needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well I really didn't need him flying all the way out here to block off traffic 4 miles from my house. Especially since it was a closed thing. Only about 250 were there to see it. It's not like he was reaching out to the people in here in Denver yesterday or anything.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'd rather pay to have him sign a bill in Denver, than pay to have him spend 3 out of eight years at Camp David or his ranch. So sorry your commute was delayed for the President of the United States. I am sure your errands were far more important than the state of the county.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 11:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Actually CelticFaerie I didn't go anywhere yesterday. It's just silly for him to fly out here just to sign it when it could be done in DC. Save the trips for town hall type meetings and getting out there to talk to the people, not for a closed signing at the Museum of Nature ans Science. You don't have to be a bitch. And other presidents spent a lot of time at Camp David too so don't even go there hun.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2009