What do you ladies do when your kids act up?

My kids drive me up the wall (sometimes) they are good kids but when they start at it they are at it...mommy he hit me or mommy she is laughing at me or they tattle on eachother its always something tell my kids to stop but of course they are not unless I get the belt out (yes I'm a spanker but never really use it) sometimes it works but they are right back at it again.
For ex: I try to study and about 45 mins. mommy whats for dinner? Or can I have this or that?
Another ex: Icould be on the elliptical and ask them to NOT BOTHER me for anything until I am done but Noooothere they go arguing again...they act up of course bc daddy isn't home so they take advantage of mommy.

Dd10 & ds12

Help! They got all the good stuff for some reason they just want to bug me or feel like they have control....

Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Well I make them take a nap. If its a really bad day, more so where im not willing to deal with bs and they hate naps so usually a if you guys don't stop now the next time will be nap time. Time outs also work. Sometimes we go on a bike ride a change of scenery helps and wears them out lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• And no matter what toys, electronics they may have they may be bored or just need some attention.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• separate them and remember that they are kids and siblings fight...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I have a couple of strategies in my anti-argument arsenal. *Smile.*

For starters, I usually make the combatants say five nice things about each other. Even ten, if they're really over the top with their bickering. The first few are very forced, but the kids usually end up seeing, and saying, some genuinely positive things about each other in the end.

Separating them usually works, because it doesn't take long before they're bored and more in a mood to do something together than to pout by themselves.

And for the "he's touching me" or "she's looking at me" crap, which drives me ape nuts crazy, I've been known to make each of them sit with a pillowcase over their heads for five minutes. That's almost always enoughtime before they're ready to drop that crap.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• When all else fails, duct tape fixes everything!!  LOL!  :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2013