Does anyone have any info or suggestions on the Hawaii public schools? Middle and High School?

alohamiss

Asked by alohamiss at 7:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Travel

• I would go to the chamber of commerce web site and look there for info
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I've lived on the island of Oahu all of my life, I have 8 children my 3 older children went to both private christian school and public school. My older daughter (21 now) went to public from 8th grade & graduated 2006. I have since taken 2 of my children out of the system & are homeschooling my 10th grader & 7th grader because I felt that I could focus in on their needs better than the system was. Dependng on what district you live in, will determine the demographics of that school & the avaiable resources that the school may have to offer. We live on the westside, or what is being called the 2nd city & with that "newness" comes alot of "new philisophies." One of the main concepts was this new view on math, no longer was it necessary for the child to be able to solve the equation, as long as they were able to be apart of the discussion about the equation, that was sufficient. Let me know where, I can help ! Aloha
    Anonymous

• I'm not ure why my answer came up anonymous, but I answered the previous post, & I'll be more that happy to help answer any questions here or direct
    Aloha, Danielle
    danielle808

Answer by danielle808 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009