My clitoris is not broken. I wish this post could be funny but its not.

It is my cervix and uterus. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts and my uterus is not in the right place.

It is not life threatening but my gyno wants to run more tests. My insurance wont cover anything beyond the pap smear so I sit and wait.

Anyone have advice on these topics?

So my pain has been validated. He said it was likely they would want to remove my uterus down the road. Possible menopause in my 20s. Yuck.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Health

• Oh Staci...I am so sorry. I had endometriosis when I was a teenage when only narcotic pain relivers would work. And I would miss the 3 to 4 days of school. I got to be embarrassing for me for awhile when it dawned on most kids what was going on. Now after I had my dd and had the tubes tied, I have experienced ovarian cysts. The first time I swore to god I had someone just taking a vice grip to my insides and pushing and pulling.

I hope everything goes well. Also, check with medicaid. They maybe able to cover this. And have some cheesecake...that will make you feel good!  devil mini

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I had endometriosis- feel free to IM me any time. It's no fun that's for sure. You have my sympathies. *hugs*

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• staci, if you have to remove the uterus, please do it the less invasive way, through robotic surgery, they do it through your belly  button without stitches, the incision is minute and does not need stitches. It sucks to be in your 20's and having to do this, but if it comes to that go the robotic route, I had a hysterectomy like this, they removed my ovaries and uterus, and lifted my vagina muscles and my bladder all with a tiny incision. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. hugs....

Answer by older at 7:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I have endo and have had many ovarian cysts. No fun. I had surgery for my endo which only gave me 4 mths of relief(many people can get years). Taking birth control continously(so you don't have a period) can help it a lot and it is a cheaper treatment. I believe it can also help that cysts as well.

Don't know about uterus though.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I had a feeling your clitoris was not broken and I am glad that they at least know the cause for the pain. I am sorry for your pain and your situation and because I have only sketchy ideas on this subject and so I am no help at all.
    Hugs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• MCAUAB.
    :(
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Has your doctor talked to you about any of the other options? One is the lupron injection(basicly chemically induced menopause) I declined that and went for surgery as I didn't want to take bc(I want another child) and for the time I did take the pill it didn't stop my periods.

I was without insurance for over year right after being diagnosed with endo and as I couldn't afford the surgery or even the more expensive injections, my primary doctor just gave me pain meds(but with breastfeeding that might be more tricky for you).

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Shit, Staci. I'm sorry. I've had ovarian cysts, but I know nothing about endometriosis so I don't have any advice. I'm sorry you're going through this. :(
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I am on the mini pill and breastfeeding, my menstrual cycle has not returned. When I was breastfeeding my first I went to 17 months and didn't have a cycle then. So I haven't had a lot of periods since kids.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I'm so sorry. No advice, but here's a bump, and I'll be thinking of you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2013