I want a steam mop.

My husband and I worked for a large retail store and we are not to fond of the Shark brand...that being said, I have a neighbor that is very fond of her Shark brand steamer. I was sold on the Haan brand until I read one review that said it quit working after five months. I have a cat - that has a lot of hairballs, high pile carpet, hardwood floors, seven to nine children and a husband in my home, DAILY...I want something that has an detachable something or other to steam clean around the faucets, etc. I want something that uses pads I can wash but and not throw away...I KNOW everyone has their own opinions...and I shouldn't take everything all the reviews say so literally. But it is a big purchase...but I would rather it be an investment than a piece of junk. Anyone have any recommendations?

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 7:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Home & Garden

• bump I'd like one too- here's a Bump :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I had a Shark steam mop and I hated it. It felt like a cheap little toy and the steam only lasted a short time. I had to refill it ever 10 minutes or so, and when I was using it, it was like puffpuffpuff....wait for the steam. puffpuffpuff.... wait for the steam. Crap.

I got a Wagner power steamer, and that thing is awesome. It is continuous steam so you don't have to wait. You also don't have to press to make steam. It just goes and goes. You can use attachments for grout, glass, whatever.  This is the one I have: http://www.gleempaint.com/905-power-steamer.html

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I got a shark steam mop for 49.99 on a black friday- I was absolutely in love with it. I still am, but it's a LOT of work to pump out the steam.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I want one as well!!!
    jeffsgirl9

Answer by jeffsgirl9 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I love my Shark. I think they make different models. It doesn't have detachable parts. I bought it in Bed Bath and Beyond. They will take it back if it breaks and give you a new one, no questions asked.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• That Wagner looks perfect. Good price, too. Do you know if it's good on hardwood and carpet?
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I am pretty sure it is.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2013