Georgia girl can't play football anymore...because the bible says so?

Yes, it's a private school and they can do whatever they want, that's even included on their list of reasons for kicking her off the team after she's already played for a season (and played well).  Regardless, is any of this really a good enough reason to kick her out of the sport?

School sacks 12-year-old girl's football dream. Bad call? 

That's her at the left end of the back row.

The reasons for kicking her:

1) the boys might have impure thoughts,

2) the locker room talk might be a bit much for her to handle,

3) boys and girls should not compete in any sport,

4) there are other sports she can play,

5) they are a private school and can make any decision they want, and

6) he prayed about it and this was the right thing to do. He also quoted the Bible by saying that men and women are created equal but different and therefore should not be allowed to play the same sports.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Is it a good enough reason. NO. Are they going to play up the "private school" factor to keep the ruling, YES. Are they a bunch of hypocritical morons? YES
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I hope she kicks each and everyone of them in the balls some day... UGH!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Reason number 5 is the only "good" reason. Not that I agree with it, but private schools have a choice to make their own rules and unfortunately, they have decided to make this rule. I hope that her parents switch her to another school so that she can play. I certainly wouldn't be giving my money to that school any longer.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• 1) the boys might have impure thoughts,

Because a girl in a football uniform is so much more attractive than a girl in a cheerleading outfit?
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• all of the reasons given are stupid
    poppincorns

Answer by poppincorns at 9:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• The "might cause impure thoughts" thing is one of the biggest "lets find ways to screw women over" facets of conservative Christianity.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• The boys might have impure thoughts. Um no, scratch that. The boys *will* have impure thoughts, whether or not there's a girl in a football uniform on their team. They're teenage boys. Impure thoughts are a fact of life for them.

Besides that, I don't ever remember reading anything about football in the Bible, must be because the sport hadn't even been invented yet. So the idea that the Bible prohibits girls from playing is just stupid.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• Sigh.. I'm trying to wrap my head around the crap in TX. Now this. I wish these southern red states would just form their own perfect utopia and leave the rest of us to move forward because they and their oppressive beliefs are keeping any progress from ever happening.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I wish these southern red states would just form their own perfect utopia and leave the rest of us to move forward because they and their oppressive beliefs are keeping any progress from ever happening.

You realize that means you'd have to move.....can I make a few suggestions up North for you? LOL
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2013

• I would live to live on your end of the world Kristi. Sigh.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2013