Brag time :)

I guess we've spent a little too much time telling our kids not to toot their own horns. My son brought home two awards from school, on the last day (June 13th) that he told no one about. One was a generic award for excellent attendance. The other was this:

(Ballad if you're reading this it's an award for educational excellence from the president)

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 12:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Congrats! Did he get a little pin? My daughter received it last year and it's hanging up on her love me wall.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• No pin that I'm aware of. 5 kids in his class got the gold seal, the other 20 got silver seals. I don't know if there's any meaning in that, but I'm super duper, over the moon proud of him for it.

Little turkey didn't say anything about it either, it was just floating around his room. Dad found it tonight when he was in there talking to him about his attitude tonight.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Wow! Awesome!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Just did some research on this thing. To be eligible he has to get a grade of 90/100 or equivalent or 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, and test High on the standardized testing.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• clappingshoutingWow!  That's great!  Congrats to the whiz kid :)  That's gotta be framed! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• BTW - I think it's very cool of you to describe things like that to ballad. I have to try to remember to do that more often. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• *shrugs* It's just who I am I guess. There's gotta be more blind, or visually impaired, Mommas on here. I put Ballad's name on here because I know her, and I know she's been very outspoken about being blind and how she doesn't let it stop or hinder her. I would feel bad if I could describe a picture to someone and didn't.

Besides, if things were the other way around and *I* was the one that couldn't see, I'd want someone to describe it for *me*.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2013