is cramping (liks a period) even though some of it is in my lower back but not severe normal in ealry pregnancy?

i am 5 weeks (maybe more) this never happened with my son

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cramps, like when you have during your period, is totally normal. i had really bad cramps the first few months.

and because of the fact that i had a miscarriage before i was always afraid. but my OB and midwife told me, that the uterus is growing sooo fast in the first months, that the cramping can be really heavy sometimes. Some women dont feel anything at all. i was one of them who was in pain. but i lived and as long as the OB told me that me and my baby were alright i wasnt that worried anymore :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I was very scared with this pregnancy as well! I had a MC last April, and I thought it was happeneing all over again, because I was having cramps in my stomach/lower back. But everything was fine with my baby! I am currently going on 13 weeks tomorrow! So yes, it can be completely normal ...now if you start bleeding heavily then I would be worried...(following with the cramps)....

But yet, I had 3 episodes already of bleeding/spotting, along with some mild cramps. Went in for an vag. ultrasound and my babys hb was really good! Then went back in 2 weeks later for the same reason, and the baby grew a lot!! Now his/her hb is in the 160's!! Best of luck to you!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i am 3 months and i cramp to but it is ok
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009