*update* on my DD giving herself a haircut

The other day my DD (5yo) cut a chunk out of her hair in the front. It was very short, no bigger then 1/8 of an inch and other parts were jagged looking bangs. She had long beautiful hair to the middle of her back.
After work yesterday I took her to the salon and handed her a book of hairstyles and told her to pick one. She picked a very short cut right before they got started I asked if her hair was long enough for donation and they said yes but they had to cut a little shorter then what she wanted. I showed her a pic of a A-line style haircut and asked her if she liked that she said she did. I then asked her if she wanted to cut it to that style so she can donate her hair to a little girl who has no hair. She got so excited and said yes.
She is so excited for her new style and excited that her hair is now going to a "Children with hair loss". She wants her hair to go to a baby girl with no hair LOL. I tried to tell her babies are already born with no hair, so she hopes they make a baby wig for baby now.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Way to go, Mom, turning a bummer into a blessing. And your daughter sounds like a sweetie.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2013