Should i feel bad?

I have been at my job for almost a year now,i have become friends with this young lady. She was in the process of planning her wedding so everyday at work we would talk about the wedding give her some ideas since i'm already married. but as the wedding got close she asked me if i wanted to come i said no i really didn't want to go, after she got married she's moving somewhere to a different state so she left the job 2 weeks before her wedding. the wedding was on saturday 2 older women from the job went and they came saying she had my name on the table and i didn't show up i was surprise to hear that cause i made it clear to her that i didnt want to come. so last night she came to the job and she didn't come on the floor where i was, she told some other girl how she had my name on the table but i did not show, she didnt come on the floor where i was at first of all the other women she invited they went with their husband how she had my name on the table without my husband;s name? should i be feeling bad ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• If you made it clear you did not wish to go and she did it anyway it is on her. However, brides being what they are could have had a lot on her mind and it was somewhere else when you said no and she just heard what she wanted to hear and then was a little hurt. Either way. No you should not feel bad and thankfully you will not have to deal with it anymore.

When I was managing apartments, I had one I was primarily at ad one of our older residents died in her sleep. I wanted to go to her funeral and asked to go. I was told I could not have time off and that the boss had permission to go (paid by the co,) and represent all of us. The day before she asked if I wanted to ride together in my car since the truck wasn't fancy. I told her I couldn't go as I was working. And she was shocked that I would not take time off for one of our beloved residents. It was all about the money wasn't it. She ragged at that for mont
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• No means no. You told her no. She needs to stop griping about it & focus on the blessings of the day & her future marriage.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• No, you made it clear you didnt want to go
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Sounds like she either forgot or got your response mixed up with someone else.

I'd say just call her and tell her that you heard she was expecting you and that you apologize for the misunderstanding. Not much else you can do.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• NO, because you said you weren't going. When I've heard that I know it means NO, but some people don't know the meaning of the word no matter, how you try to explain it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I agree with anng.atlanta. You could say you're sorry she misunderstood but if you really made it clear, I would let it go.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Did you get an invitation? You told her you didn't want to go. So that was all on her.

Answer by louise2 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• She'll get over it. Misunderstandings happen all the time. Let it go. Feeling bad won't fix anything now anyway.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• When your planning a wedding and it is almost here. A bride tends to be on several different places in her head. So it is possible she forgot you said no. If you feel bad then I agree with the others apologize for the misunderstanding . However I don't think you should feel bad or beat yourself up over it. If you said no
    Nicole32223

Answer by Nicole32223 at 7:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2013