I really don't understand why Paula Deen is being ostracized...

What she did/ said may not have been politically correct but I don't agree with the hypocrisy of it all. You have African Americans calling each other the N word every day, it's in hip hop, and rap but I've not heard the African Americans boycotting that filth they call music. they themselves support minstrels like LIL WAYNE WAYNE , Nikki Minaj etc. These artists are black and they use the N word constantly in their songs. What really amazes me is that since I've been in this country I've never heard guy's of other races degrade their women like this in their songs. AFRICAN AMERICANS are the only group of people who tolerate this filth from their own people but they are the first ones to scream uncle when it is said by someone from another race. I am black BUT I am foreign born and raised, and I do not agree with using a word that was created to belittle one's race. I never hear Asians calling themselves G' s or Italians calling themselves W's. No one will take AFRICAN AMERICANS seriously until they take themselves seriously.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course you don't understand, you're simply trolling and trying to start a black/white argument instead of acknowledging there are about a dozen reasons she's been fired, and the race thing is barely in the top 10.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• so much incorrectness in one post, dont even know where to start, and none of it even has to do with paula deen.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• b/c she's white and from the South...they automatically assume she's racist
    Anonymous

• It is amazing how much this post has nothing to do with Paula Dean.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Gwen...why are you on this site if you don't have kids?
    Anonymous

• Well, for one, there are other reasons for her contract not being renewed, so this controversy just happened around the same time and is getting most of the attention.

Even so, though, the network has every right to decide how they want to be represented or what they want to be associated with. It's no different from when a sponsor drops someone over controversy they don't want to be affiliated with, in the case of athletes.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• maybe because you're narrow minded?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I don't agree with it for the reasons you stated (in fact, YOU sound a bit racist), but I'd personally cut her some slack because it supposedly happened in the 60's. Is it seriously news that a young, Southern, white woman used the "n" word in the 60's? Had/if she said it in modern day then sure. But I've gotten mixed reports and haven't been following the story closely anyway.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• The real gist of your post seems to be that black rap artists use inappropriate language and references to women in their songs, which I agree with. That has little or nothing to do with Paula Deen.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• There is a difference in someone using the N word with intent of showing hate towards another race.
    When its used among AA's it shows ignorance and lack of knowledge.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2013