Anyone grow marigolds?

Do they stink? Do they also repel mosquitoes?

Also what is a good plant to repel bees?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Home & Garden

• My mom always had them and I thought they were stinky. We had them to keep deer away, I don't know about mosquitoes.
    I heard lemongrass is a good mosquito repellent.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• we couldnt find any lemongrass :(
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• yeah they stink, mosquitos don't like the smell so it does repel them but they attract wasps
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• No they do not stick although if you stick your nose in the blossom it is not the most pleasant smell. They do repel some bugs but not bees.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• They repel slugs & you can't smell them just walking by, you have to put your nose to them. We plant them every year just for the color. ow about getting wasp/bee traps? They sell them at Hardware Stores. It's like a bottle that you hang & put a sweet liquid in & they go in & can't come out. Bees are actually goo for the environment. You are probably having a problem with wasps that look like honey bees, like yellow jackets. They are agressive & bothersome.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• They have a peculiar smell that seems to help repel bugs but nothing is 100% and a plant that repels bees I have never heard of one.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Sorry, I'm so tired that I'm forgetting to finish words! LOL! (How & good)*
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• My great-grandma taught me to plant marigolds at intervals in among my other garden plants to keep bugs away. It seemed to work.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I have marigolds in pots on my deck and they don't smell bad. I haven't noticed them being able to keep ants out of the hummingbird feeder that is right next to them, lol!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Yes they stink but easy to grow.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2013