Are you all waiting, too?

Tomorrow the Supreme Court is supposed to rule on Prop 8 and DOMA - are you waiting and watching for the results, too?

(Posting in religion because I do what I want, and because the religious excuse is the one most commonly used against marriage equality)

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Anxiously so........

Answer by older at 1:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Yes, I really hope they do the right thing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I know what I would like to see happen, but I can't help but think they will bow out & let the states make their own choices. Back to the proverbial drawing board. :/

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I'm actually a little anxious about it lol. So, yes, I am watching a waiting for the results.

The ruling doesn't affect me directly, but it does affect me on a human level. I was a teenager in the 70s when being gay was really dangerous. This is a landmark decision for me.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• The correct ruling on this would change so many lives.....

Answer by older at 2:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• "Yes, I really hope they do the right thing."

Oh, me too. SO much. At least we'll know, after tomorrow, what steps we need to take from here. I have every confidence that we will see equality come. I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later.
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I have every confidence that we will see equality come. I

May your words come true it will validate all my efforts throughout the years, and it will be sweet.................

Answer by older at 2:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I have several relatives who have no chance of getting married and living in the same state as their families unless this is fixed first, so yes, I'm waiting. Right now they've both chosen to leave the state - nobody should have to do that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• "Right now they've both chosen to leave the state - nobody should have to do that."

No, they shouldn't :(
    I'm sorry, NP
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I know what I want to happen but I also know what will happen. They seem to always vote for what the majority of people don't want
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2013