Why do they do this to us?

My inlaws moved 20 miles away, but their house is up in the mountains, so it takes 35-40 minutes to drive there from our house. This weekend they are going away and have asked us to drive up to their house twice to feed their animals...chickens and a cat. They are friends with all of their neighbors, and they take care of their neighbors houses when they go out of town, why the fuck do they ask us to drive up there? It is a total waste of our time and gas to go there. Seriously... one of their neighbors could go there, take care of everything and be back home within 10 minutes, but we are expected to drive an hour and a half. it is ridiculous.

So now we either have to suck it up and do it, or be the bad guys that won't help them out.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Relationships

• they asked b/c they trust you, stop being a b about it
    Anonymous

• Piss off anon.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Not sure how well they know or trust the neighbors. I know my mom has me come & check in on her house, & take care of her plants & her cats while they are on trips. She does so much for us, I don't mind doing it. It's about a 20 min. drive 1 way for me & I always stay & cuddle the pets so they aren't lonely. Besides, maybe they'll get you a nice souvenir for doing them the favor. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I agree about the trust thing or maybe the neighbors are gone as well. You could talk to the neighbors when you go up there.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I agree with the trust. If they moved recently, they may not feel comfortable about it. Why not take a mini vacation and just stay there for the weekend? You can feed the animals and enjoy the area a bit?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• the cat should be fine over the weekend with a bowl of food and a dish of water
    and the chickens can scratch and eat meal out of a feeder

seriously, its not like a dog or pigs
    why do you need to go at all?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• It has nothing to do with trust. They know all of their neighbors and are close friends with all of them. There is absolutely no reason for us to go up there. Seriously! They have had their neighbors (friends) watch their house before and have watched the friends houses too. My guess is that her house is a mess and she doesn't want to clean it up before they leave. Even still why do we need to go up to check on a cat and chickens? Both can get along just fine without us.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Maybe the neighbors are out of town this weekend too?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I'd go up there and STAY for the weekend.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I'd go up once a day just to be sure everything has water and keep an eye on the place. I know it's a pain but we all do stuff like that for family. It's part of the whole family package deal!!! Lol
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2013