Anyone else getting calls about a computer virus? Don't fall for it!

I know it's a scam & have already reported it to the FCC. When I google the phone number, there are a list of complaints from people saying they got the same type of call. A man w/ a thick Indian accent, but American-sounding name wants you to allow him access to your computer to correct the problem. This time he said he was from Windows.

Here's the number: 253-802-0309 (Auburn, WA)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Thanks for posting this. I wouldn't allow some stranger access to my computer over the phone, but I could see my grandma doing it and thanking the bastard for his time. Anybody who does this shit should have his fingers chopped off one at a time with a dull hatchet.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• If I got that call, I will respond that I work with the police department on tracing calls so I know plenty about computers, I bet they will hang up quickly.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Thanks for sharing - I hope people see this and don't fall for it
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Thanks for posting this! I warned my mom. She is horrible about falling for computer viruses and scams.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Not yet , but usually can see that coming , I did get a call to verify the new card I got , I do not respond to those questions and reported it to the card company.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I've gotten this call before. I told him I didn't own a computer.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• The person that called me was a woman, also with an Indian accent. I was like really?!?

Answer by missanc at 2:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• i get those all the time
    i tell the guy that we do not have a computer...lol
    they still call

try to get those calls when my mom picks up phone- she could fall for anything
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• ^^^Lost- when I told him I knew it was a scam & that I was on the Do Not Call List & would be turning them into the FCC, they hung up. Other reports from people dealing with them said they were sworn at. At least I didn't get to hear that! :p

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2013