what should i do

my 15 year old stayed at her best friends she messed up and had sex (1time)the mom found out and since it was her son and he was older she told my girl to keep her mouth shut and for get it and dont bring it up again . what should i say or do ?im not mad that it happen i just feel she handeld it wrong .help please

mom39429

Asked by mom39429 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• The reason she told your DD to not say anything is because she was responsible for your DD's welfare and she obviously missed something. If your not bothered and it was something both party did then go to the mom and let her know that you did not like the way it was handled, that in the future anything concerning your DD is to be told to you and you will decide what needs to be done. Personally my DD wouldn't be going back over there, but that is just me.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• First of all talk to your dd and make sure theres nothing more to it. Telling her to keep her mouth shut wouldnt make me feel warm and fuzzy and would make me think there might be more to the story. Second take your dd to the ob/gyn and have her put on birth control.

Answer by gemgem at 8:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i would definitely talk to the other mother and tell her you want to know what your daughter is doing in her home and keeping things hush hush is not an option
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• How much older? Statutory rape older? If so, that is likely why she wanted them to keep their mouth's shut. Her son could be in serious trouble. If he isn't that much older, then I'd talk to you daughter....sounds like there might be more to it.

ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Frist of all I'd be upset and disgusted with my daughter for being that kind of girl with know self respect and values. She would not be aloud to sleep at friends houses anymore and I'd keep a close eye on her. Secondly', I would go talk to that mother about how she handled it and if she suspected anything before it happened. I would also inform other parents about this to, so that they know what could happen if their daughter sleeps at these peoples house.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would be calling that mom and asking her what she was thinking telling my kid to keep her mouth shut!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i would talk to your daughter cause from that moms comment of keep your mouth shut it seems has if her son may have raped your daughter or he is way older and in your state it is illegal for him too be with your daughter also i would have her go too the health clinic too get tested for any stds and a pregnancy test

i would also confront that mother and let her know that it is not her place too be talking to your daughter that way and if this is more too it then being told you will deal with it as you see fit and no you will not keep your mouth shut
    Anonymous

• I would talk to that woman, for sure !!

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I myself would call the police and let them talk to the mother and boy! Pronto!!!
    DAWN-10

Answer by DAWN-10 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I one would not be okay with it. Two I would talk to my daughter and third I would talk to this suppose other "mother". I mean we all know more and more teens are having sex!!! Yet what kind of "adult" tells a adolescent to keep there mouth shut?????? If your at all a "mother" you will step in and be the adult!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2009