If you're anti-gun, do stories like this make you re-think your stance even in the slightest? adult content

*WARNING* Video is EXTREMELY graphic and disturbing.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9151631

it should be clicky- if someone wants to do the honors please do and thanks.

in short- man breaks into home and beats a woman in front of her 2 year old child, and it's all caught on her nanny-cam. she wasn't resisting in any way yet he still continued to kick, punch, choke, and throw her down the stairs.

completely heartbreaking and infuriating. the piece of shit is still at large, btw.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah - I saw it, so what does a gun have to do with it?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• what do you think it has to do with it?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I saw it, I don't think a gun would have helped in this case unless she was already carrying it. He's so violent who's to say he wouldn't have struggled with her to to get it and shot her dead and her children dead? He over powered her.
    I am all for guns for protection but I don't think it would have helped in this case. I also think someone sent that guy to go hurt her, he seemed so focus on hurting her, and no one just kicks i a door in the middle of the day. I think she was targeted.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I hope they catch this stupid fuck and he gets his ass beat to death in prison.
    LostSoul88

• lost- i was thinking the same as you, that a gun might not have done much in this case. but then again, maybe it would've. depending on where she kept it stored, she might've been able to grab it while he ran upstairs. it's just so awful. she could've been targeted or maybe he was just a sick, disgusting human being hell bent on beating the shit out of her.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

*****

THIS
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I chose not to subject myself to the video, but from the comments, it sounds like a gun could have helped or it could have gotten the woman killed. If someone was as hell bent on hurting the woman as it sounds like this guy was, maybe a gun would have pushed him over the line and made him kill her. I'm not antigun, by the way, I just think there's no way to guess what might have happened.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I saw it, I don't think a gun would have helped in this case unless she was already carrying it. He's so violent who's to say he wouldn't have struggled with her to to get it and shot her dead and her children dead?

This is one of the biggest myths propagated by the anti-gun lobby. No, in most cases the attacker doesn't overpower the victim and shoot them with their own gun. The attacker does the thing their survival instinct tells them to do - which is run.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I am not anti-gun
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2013