Why the Wicca bashing?

I got to know. So far I have been told here on Cafemom that my religion (which is Wicca) is "dark", "wrong", that I "don;t believe in God" and I have called some pretty harsh names. I truly don't believe that one religion is right and the others wrong. We should be able to worship who we want when we want how we want without the fear of persecution. Just to clarify, I am not "dark"....I am a very positive person, I do volunteer work with people who need food, or help, I am a mom, and I DO believe in God. I also believe in a Goddess. Everyone has their own beliefs in who they think God is. It shouldn't matter if you go to Mass, go to church every Sunday, go to Temple, meditate in the name of Buddha or celebrate nature. A good person is a good person, no matter what they believe. Anyone agree with me?

devinmendsen

Asked by devinmendsen at 8:09 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• honey if you were mother theresa you would get bashed let it roll and be who you are and be proud of it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• thank you jodi

pagan 2

devinmendsen

Answer by devinmendsen at 8:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think Wicca is a beautiful religion from what I've read on it. People are ignorant and what they don't know they bash. Be proud of who you are!
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• your welcome girl.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sweetie, you're always going to have the nut-jobs that think if you don't believe exactly as they do they you're evil, hell-bound,dark, "satanic", etc.  Don't let them get to you. They have so many issues within their own beliefs and themselves that they attack you. If you call them out on it and they adamantly deny it. There's no point in trying to tell them otherwise. They are too deep in their own hatred and misguidance.

Just live your life and be happy. That's all you can do.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• From one Mother Nature lover to another- rock on!!

Some of you may be familiar with the question I posed yesterday- got a little heated- part of my issue is how SOME christians in particular seem to need to *save* us... thanks- we have heard about you all- if we ever do decide (yeah right!) to *switch teams* we know where and how- you really don't need to include your *stuff* in every conversation!! It is actually a big turnoff and very exclusionary.

I think the OP has a very healthy attitude about religion and in how she is approaching it with her daughter...

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Those are the people who are least secure in their own faith, so they feel compelled to fight against anything they don't understand, because their own faith is so weak, to consider the possibility that anything else might exist is enough to make it crumble.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• There will ALWAYS be someone who is against what you believe, I'm not a super fan if Wicca, i have to admit. To me it seems as if it is about worshipping the gift (being this wonderful earth) , instead of the gift giver(being god, or whatever one calls it). But in no way would i ever insult you, or tell you that you are wrong. My opinions are just that......my opinions, & everyone want to talk about THEIR OWN opinions. Don't be bothered by some of the rude people on here, just skip there posts. It's not worth any time arguing with ignorance.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Just as everyone else has said...everyone has their own opinion and will freely give it to you...even when it's not asked for.
    I am a Christian and believe to fullest in our Heavenly Father-people judge me and have negative things to say about that as well. Do I let it bother me-NO. My beliefs are mine, just as your beliefs are yours. Just because I don't believe the same way you do doesn't make you or I either one evil, dark, satanic. And most of all you should not be judged.
    mommytofive303

Answer by mommytofive303 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Some people think that their beliefs are the only ones that matter.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009