My 3 year old son has not had a BM in 4 days or more even he keeps says his butt hurts but does not want to go i tried the suppositories but they had him screaming Im afraid to give them to him again,I'm really getting nervous what should I do?

dutchy118

Asked by dutchy118 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How much water is he drinking?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Prune juice?

Answer by older at 5:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Miralax or Little Tummies Laxative drops* (*depending on when the last suppository was) Sometimes soaking in the tub can help relax them enough to feel like going. Be ready with a plunger if it's been that long.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• lots of water and prune juice
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• There are stool softeners specially formulated for children that work pretty well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Check with his doc... he might be impacted and may need to be manually disimpacted. 

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Do like I did. Make him go sit on the toilet, often. Make hin drink plenty of water. Like others said try some prune juice.

Answer by louise2 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Prune juice. My daughter did the same exact thing and she went 5 days without pooping. I gave her prune juice and she pooped within a few hours...she started acting funny and I asked if she needed to go and she started crying so I took her to the toilet and held her hand and told her it was okay and she pooped. Sometimes they get constipated and it hurts to try and it scares them...all it takes is one painful BM for them to be terrified all together. Just be really sweet and patient with him and offer to go with him and sit in front of him. Offer him a book to look at so he'll have something to get his attention away from any pain he may be experiencing.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• I was just gonna say miralax but its free on most insurances call the doc to have them callu in a script.
    lovingmybaby624

Answer by lovingmybaby624 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2013