i have a interview for a state job in california and i am 14 weeks pergnant do i tell them at my interview or not and can i be fired for not telling

nicole1986368

Asked by nicole1986368 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

• don't tell them, it's none of their business
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• You are protected. No need to tell them and they can't fire you for being pregnant. Good luck on the job! :)
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Don't tell them and no they cannot fire you for not telling...if they were to fire you for being pregnant then you would be able to sue them.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Nope... and they are not legally allowed to ask you either.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• They can not fire you for being pregnant. They can fire you if you falsify anything on you application.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Do not tell them.

I was hired at 6m pregnant and fired my second day when I removed my jacket. I should have pressed charges but I did not.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• You don't have to tell them, but if they ask and you lie then it could get you fired. Not for being pregnant, but for lying. They cannot fire you for being pregnant. Legally they can't even refuse to hire you because you are pregnant even if you did tell them but it is impossible to prove that pregnancy is the reason they didn't hire you.
    Anonymous

• Good luck with your interview. Don't bring up your pregnancy. If they ask about it, you'd be better off not to lie, but you can always say something like, "I'm not legally obligated to answer that question." Use caution, though, because turning hostile about it will definitely not help you get the job.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• i was hired at 16 weeks
    i did not tell them
    they found out a week later and they fired me for not telling them 'the truth' (HA, they never asked and i had not even told my family yet)

i sued them and got a half year's salary

and yes, i worked there for one week (and got a half years salary)

*anon because i did sign a non disclosure
    Anonymous

• and then i went on a nice vacation
    lol
    Anonymous