Why does it bother you so much what other people believe in?

I am just curious, this is not a bashing rant. I see a lot of people complain how how dumb or hypocritical they are because of the religion they follow. I can understand being irritated by someone who tries to shove their religion or beliefs down your throat but in general why do you find it so bothersome that people believe in something that you think is silly or hypocritical or judgmental? I am truly just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2013 in Religious Debate

• The only time it bothers me is when that religion stands in the way of someone's equality..otherwise I could care less....

Answer by older at 6:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• Like the saying goes, You can worship a rock for all I care. Just don't throw it at me.
    The problem with religion is that it's constantly trying to weasel its way into our laws.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• But why let that bother you? Why even give a second thought to whether or not someone "breaks the rules" of their chosen religion? Why does it matter whether or not they are "liars"?

Because of the part you conveniently left out of your quote. I have no use for liars, and if you lie, that makes you useless. It is an indication of your value as a human being. If you can't do something as simple as abide by the rules of a religion you VOLUNTARILY follow, I value you less than someone who does, just as I value someone who constantly tries to borrow money without paying it back less, or someone who breaks the law and whines about being punished.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

•  

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• just as you don't want religion forced, we don't want your gay human rights issues forced either.

^^ There you go.  Fixed that for you.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• So... ptomom, you never answered my question. Is it ok for so-called "Christians" to harass, belittle, and threaten other Christians just because they believe something a little different? For example, why is it ok for my Evangelical uncle to try to scare me (as a teenager) into converting? I was Catholic, I believed in Jesus Christ, why do some Christians act like their way is the only way?

I would love your insight on this matter as it is very relevant to this discussion. Yet my question has not been answered. Is it because you have no answer? Is it because you are one of the bully-type Christians? Prove me wrong here by giving me an answer that Jesus would be proud of.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• "You didn't get her answer when she belittled bandgeek and told her she was "doing it wrong"? "

Well since she's done with this question, and she never actually answered my question, I'm just going to assume that she is the bullying-type like my uncle. She can't prove me wrong, so what else am I to think?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2013

• "oh...and heck isnt a bad word.."

I said BS and lmao, too ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2013